My late furbaby, Buzz relaxing in my stitching chair.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

recent projects


Today I thought I'd try to post a pic of my recent projects. This is Quaker Welcome from The Stitcherhood (who also has a blog here at blogspot) that I stitched in a variegated oranges. I would like to try to tweek the design just a bit to make myself a set of placemats. All I want to do is spread the elements apart a bit and maybe repeat the the top and bottom ones to get the proper size. Anyone know if this is still a violation of copyright if I'm only doing it for myself and not to resell?


The next one is an older design from EMS that was their free SAL in 2008. I am doing it a bit different tho in that I'm using 14 count aida but stitching it as a 28 count project. Am I nuts? Maybe, but I didn't have the 28 count fabric and wanted a smaller finished size. I'm doing this one in red because when most people think roses, they think red. I wanted to make this for my grand daughter Rosa's room (Rosa=Rose) and also thought this would be appropriate. This is only the top half of it (parts 1 thru 6) tho I have parts 7-9 done since then and am working on part 10 now. Slow going since I'm now working again (was unemployed when I started this) but I usually manage to get in a few stitches every day/evening.

Well I'm going to see how this comes out and if my pictures show up where and how I want them to. I'll get the hang of this eventually, I think?. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment