My late furbaby, Buzz relaxing in my stitching chair.

Friday, May 21, 2010

Well here goes......

Hello out there in blog land. Please bear with me as this is my first ever attempt at blogs and blogging so I hope I don't mess this up too badly and bore everyone to death. LOL
I guess a brief background on me and why I am doing this is a place to start. I am Pam B, a late 40 something artist, amateur cross-stitch designer and crafter. I'm a country and farm type person tho I currently live in the city. I have been married to a good farming man for 30 years and we have 2 adult children (girl and boy) and one granddaughter. Our son has a mild form of Autism and still lives with us at age 22 but we are working with him to help him become more independent. We are all 3 working full time right now and trying to juggle 3 different work schedules with only one car which is a big challenge.
As to why I'm trying this blogging, I used to have a website and sell my crafts online but with moving, job changes and the poor economy I had to close that site because I could no longer afford to keep it paid for when my client base almost dried up. Farmers were my main clients and like the rest of us, they don't buy "pretties" when they can barely keep their farm going. I am hoping this blog will help me to showcase my work and maybe I can begin to make a little side money once again with my talents.
I specialize in counted cross stitch and hand painted wood items right now but since I have a number of other crafting talents, I could expand out into other areas. I do specialize mostly in farm and country themes as well as animals and Native American themes but am willing to do almost any theme a client would want except x-rated stuff, logos and licensed characters. (Those last 2 can only be done with special permission because of copyright laws anyway.) Once I figure out how to post pictures on this blog, I'll add some to show what I do and give more info on contacting me if anyone sees something they would like to have.
That's about all I can think of to write for now. I'll be back once I figure out more about how this blogging stuff works.

4 comments:

  1. EXCELLENT start Pam! Love it. To post a pic, Create a post and on your menu run mouse over icons on upper left. One is upload pic. You can also click preview to see where pic landed and do editing.
    :) If I can help, email me!
    hugs! Cathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start Pam. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are already a pro. Good job.

    ReplyDelete