My late furbaby, Buzz relaxing in my stitching chair.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Hey all. Time just flies by, especially when you are busy it seems. LOL Been advancing at work slowly, adding new skills and parts to my can now do list. I was told the more parts you know how to do the more valuable you can become to the company. So I've added some practice on a 3rd part (not quite good on it yet as it is a bit more complex than the others but it's a start) plus learned some prep work on several more parts. I sure hope this helps me keep this job for the long run as I really like doing it. They also give bonuses to the employees when they have a good month and over the past couple months I've gotten almost $250 extra. Plus last Thursday the boss said everyone could leave an hour early and still be paid for it because they were having a good month. How cool is that!
We've been working on getting son's car issues. We have a bid in on a car for him but now must wait for DPA to approve his purchase allowance. But this dealer is trying to work with us, which is great because it has been hard to find someone who would. So we should hear back from DPA in the next 8-9 days as they have to give an answer in that time frame now.
Finally finished my EMS Rose Sampler but have to take a pic of it to post. I plan to check out getting it framed for granddaughter this weekend if I can. Moved on to some miscellaneous kits I'd bought at a local thrift store to have something to do when I need to wait to pick up my husband after work.
Looked at etsy over a weekend but didn't create an account just yet. I want to tread lightly until I know what I'm getting into. But it is promising.
I need to look for some photos that will make good cross stitch patterns for a project someone requested. Will have to do that after I post this blog entry. But I wanted to post some pics of a sewing box project I made for a friend as a gift. (I also make these custom painted sewing boxes and accessories to sell in a variety of themes.) Boxes start at $20 for the smallest size and go up from there. They are all felt or cloth lined and include a magnet in the lid to hold pins and needles. Accessories are $2.50 for the thimbles, $3.50 and $5.00 for the needles cases. I can also make counted cross stitch scissor fobs, scissors cases and needle books to match the sewing boxes. So if any of this looks or sounds good to you, drop me an email and I'll see what we can work out.





3 comments:

  1. Your sewing boxes are beautiful Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam you always do such nice work. You are an excellent craftswoman. Etsy looks like a good opportunity. I thought of that myself except when I search cross stitch so much ewwww comes up, I don't know if I'd get any hits. sigh.... good luck with ALL your efforts! L,H&P Cathryn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sewing boxes Pam
    nice job

    ReplyDelete