My late furbaby, Buzz relaxing in my stitching chair.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bummer week here....

Well this has been a bummer of a week. I am now once again among the ranks of the unemployed having been dismissed from a job I really liked. They claimed my parts were not up to quality nor was I making enough of them in a day/hour to meet their needs. Funny tho that my parts were totally fine and so was my speed until a former employee came back from maternity leave in July and they hired another trainee (claiming they have enough work for 3 full time and 1 part time person when they did so). So now I fight for UC and hope I can qualify for something until I can land another job. Hubby isn't too happy now that we are back to only his income and is pushing me to get another job ASAP. Well that is easier said than done in the current market and economy (last time was nearly a year of not working before I got this job) but I am trying, which I hope will be enough to keep him quiet for now. You know how it is supposed to be the woman who is the nag but in our house it is him. LOL
This has left me with more time to work on a couple boxes a client ordered tho. :-) I won't be able to post any pics for now as they are meant as Christmas gifts and I can't spoil the surprise. But maybe after then. I'm also working on a couple stitchery projects to fill in my time. One is an angel ornament from 14 count plastic canvas. The original was from a kit and done on perforated paper but I think this one is coming out just as nice. I'll have to get some pretty lace for her wings as all I have is too narrow. Hmmmm............. Sounds like stash shopping time doesn't it?! LOL
I tried to put in son's bi-weekly UC claim but the online site won't let me enter it until after 9/12 yet it is due this week. So I tried to call the automated line and it said his case is inactive? I then tried to go online to the unemployment job placement website and it says my ID and/or password is invalid. I think it has something to do with the state's web pages not working right as it told me the same for my husband's ID as well. Probably affecting the UC pages too. Can't figure out what's up but will try again tomorrow and if still getting stonewalled, I'll have to call them to get it straight.
Finally my son has his SSI court hearing scheduled in November. It has been a long 2 years of delays and frustration but I hope he can make it through and get it. He wants to work but just can't find anything that will fit his restrictions and still keep him on long term. Last one laid him off before he had much time in and no one else we've found seems to be able to meet his needs. ......Sigh....... But we keep trying and plugging away anyhow.
I'll close with some pics of an older project I did using the Dragon Dreams elemental dragon freebies of Earth, Air, Fire, Water and Spirit. This project ended up as a gift to a friend who loves dragons. Guess I'll have to make one for myself now. LOL Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Pam you are such a strong, wonderful person I know there is a job out there for you. Keep up your good spirits and I will keep praying that the right job comes along sooner than later.

    Love the 2 finishes you posted.

    Iris

    ReplyDelete